More irresistible stuff

Saturday 8 January 2011

No Fear Blogfest

The Blogfest has landed!

Click here to go to the most up to date picture links to all the entries




To celebrate passing 100 followers, I am holding my first Blogfest.
($30/£20 to be won - read on!)


Please help yourself to this amazing Blogfest Button (This is a little mouse that moved in while we were on holiday, despite us having two cats!)...



Simply Click on Add Gadget in Design view, then choose HTML/Javascript, then paste the above code into the window. That's all there is to it! Thank you so much.

NO FEAR BLOGFEST

What?

Post a passage in which your MC (or your favourite fictional character) shows their bravery. It might be in the face of physical danger, or peer pressure or personal sacrifice. It might be epic bravery or bravery that goes unnoticed by anyone but us, your devoted readers.

I cheerfully admit that the blogfest is mis-named! Bravery is not the absence of fear - that is recklessness. Bravery is overcoming fear, or doing what is right despite the fear.

Who?

YOU! You know you want to.

How much?

Your entry can be as long or as short as you want, although spare a thought for those who want to read all the thousands of entries!

When?

If you think you might be interested in taking part sign up to Mr Linky below NOW and then when you have posted your entry send me an e-mail (Dominicdem(at)gmail(dot)com), or comment below (preferably by 4pm EST - 9pm GMT). I will create a new super-dooper link to your actual post. I will choose 6 finalists for a public vote sometime after 12pm EST on Sunday 30th Jan. (Exactly when will depend on how many entries I have to choose from!) Voting will be open for 7 days.

Why?

Because you are awesome? Of course
Because you want everyone to see how awesome your MC is? Definitely
Because there is a prize of $30 / £20 in Amazon vouchers to be won! Now we're talking!

Here is the Mr Linky linky thing ...



Good luck - I am so looking forward to reading your wonderful entries!
If you blog about this blogfest and/or add my Blogfest button to your sidebar you win nothing other than my undying gratitude!

27 comments:

  1. Wow, Dom how could I refuse? Great idea. Congrats on your well deserved 105 followers.
    You know my latest short story includes something of that nature, but if I post that scene it will give too much away. I'll have to come up with something new. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Dom. I'm sitting at 99 followers and my husband has promised to take me out to dinner when it hits 100. So exciting. In my early months of blogging (pre-memes) I only had 6 followers, my husband and five long-time friends.
    I think your blogfest sounds like fun. At least, I like the word "blogfest" and it is a fun kind of word. Beyond that, I don't know what one is, or what an MC is (master of ceremonies? I don't think so) and therefore I won't be able to enter, but I'm leaving a comment anyway because I'm happy for you.
    -- K

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! 105 followers and growing!! Good for you!! And what a lovely blogfest WITH a prize (woo-hoo!!) to celebrate!!!! Yay!!

    I love your cute mouse!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your expanding Blog-roll. I'm looking forward to the Blogfest.

    I was shocked by your comment on my Blog: I hadn't considered it a problem before. Do you really think amputation is the only answer? I'm reluctant to have to lose my head; but I think I need it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for 100+ followers!!!!

    I don't know if I can polish up a passage in time or not, but I'll try. If so, I'll definitely let you know.

    I LOVE the little mouse, btw. My cats would try to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I'll see what I can do- Have your blogfest posted on my blogfest page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on passing 100 followers! I look forward to the day...

    This blogfest will be fun. I'm looking forward to it. I'll have something ready, willing and brave.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still at the awfully brave stage of entering blogfests! This sounds a lot of fun, congratulations on over 100 followers. Button appearing on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Dominic! Wishing you 1,000 more followers to come very soon :) This is a wonderful blogfest. I'm sure everyone will enjoy it thoroughly. I'll see if I can join in>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on 100+ Followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big thank you to those of you who clicked on Mr Linky and to those who are still thinking - go on! You really do know you want to!
    But most especially a big thank you to everyone who has added a button to their blog. This is going to be great fun and I am really looking forward to meeting new people too (Big wave to Tony and welcome!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool Dominic. I can't participate right now but I know this will be a great success.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I'm dropping in from Talei's blog. Nice to meet you *waves* and congratulations on your award. I'm also your newest follower...hope you have many more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been added to my sidebar. This sounds very fun...hmmm...now to figure out what to enter!
    Edge of Your Seat Romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Dom! I posted your button on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds like fun. Hope to see everyone there! Roland

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on reaching 100! Love the badge picture, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Found out about this just in time....

    Congrats on the 100 + followers. Great contest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi,

    I thought I'd posted up to say I'd snatched and posted your banner ages ago. It's good to see people are still signing on for the blogfest.

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  20. My blogpost is up: http://writersblocknz.weebly.com/1/post/2011/01/no-fear-blogfest.html

    We're time travellers here in NZ and it's already Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My offering is up today:
    http://margobenson.blogspot.com/2011/01/no-fear-blogfest.html

    Off to start reading everyone else's...

    ReplyDelete
  22. My post is there now:

    http://firesidepark.blogspot.com/2011/01/no-fear-blogfest.html

    I'm looking forward to reading everyone eles's posts. The fun has begun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My post is up, using the same link as on your linky:

    http://laussieswritingblog.blogspot.com

    This is a good 'fest. Like your entry.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I left my entry and thought I left a comment right after, but now I don't see it. But, I'm following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dominic, I had to try that again. I messed up the link. Oh, well, technolgy and all that. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dominic Congratulations on 100 followers.

    I am a new blogger and also a new follower of your blog. This is my very first time entering a blogfest. I am so nervous and if I'm to late I understand.
    Thanks and best of luck to everyone!
    http://deeavilabooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. You want to make my day don't you?